What about workplace in an average company? Typically, company has a number of personal computers with the specific local resources in its exploitation. From time to time company faces with workplace malfunctions: hardware breaks, software failures. Their removal requires IT-service resources, and the company itself incurs losses caused by the unproductive down time. And the more developed is the infrastructure; the harder and more expensive becomes its maintenance.
Another complicity of the classical workplace infrastructure lies in implementation of business requirements and enlargement processes. Opening of the new branches or offices, and staff increase requires new jobs creation (purchase of the same computers and software) and finding solutions to problems of access to shared resources, business applications and services. This traditional approach not only leads to the creation of the expensive new local computing infrastructures and their maintenance complexities, but also to even operating staff increase.
In addition to the above mentioned factors, the bottlenecks of the classical approach are:
- The complexity to ensure data safety and protection;
- The labour-consuming modification introduction and the high cost of modernization;
- Need for the regular infrastructure upgrade due to its functional depreciation and moral aging.
In order to solve all these problems and eliminate the complexity we offer to change the approach of the sustainable workplace construction — to move the operational tasks to the consolidated and secure Data Center, replace full-featured jobs with the impersonal devices to enter and display information (thin or zero-client). These devices do not get out or order while in service, require no maintenance and do not contain any business-critical information.
Primary, desktops and applications virtualization substantially reduces the cost of infrastructure and simplifies the service support. Hadware failure risk is reduced, no more need for the workplace upgrade due to the transition to a new version of the operating system or software update. We reduce the number of objects to support: creating several application patterns and virtual desktops for the different types of users so that their sequent maintenance is carried out automatically, in accordance with group policies. In case of changes necessity, you simply introduce them in those same several application patterns and virtual desktops, rather than at each workplace.
Secondly, jobs virtualization can provide a high level security — workplace simply does not contain any information that can be stolen. All processed data is consolidated in the Data Center that is much easier to protect.
Thirdly, the issue of time consuming creation of the new workplaces and access to new applications is resolved – only input devices and display information shall be bought, and virtualized workspace with all applications will be created automatically when needed.
In addition, this solution will significantly increase the operating life of the old PC — no need to replace them due to the transition to the new software versions, and modern terminal devices will expell them in a pattern of the natural rotation as they get out of order.
De Novo experts suggest:
- Concentration of information storage and processing in a single Data Center, refusal from the full-featured local IT infrastructures at branches and offices;
- Implementation of the effective tools for the remote access to the centralized IT services for business users of the regional network;
- Replacement of fully featured PC at the business users workplace with the specialized devices for the input and display of information (‘thin clients’);
- Creation of workplace management system to assist organizations in optimizing their workplace infrastructure;
- Employee training tailored to the need of current administration skills, preparation of a full set of operational documentation.
While implementing these projects, we adhere to our principles of complexity and devoting every effort to meet customer needs. Along with the client, we precisely select those technologies that can achieve the main goal: to develop an effective infrastructure of the virtual workplaces. It will allow business users to perform their everyday tasks, and thus resulting in the meaningful decrease of the maintenance costs, once having solved the issues of data protection and minimized unproductive down time.